District 66 Toastmasters
2012 District 66 Fall Conference
Message from District Governor - Pete Moyer: District 66 Fall Conference Thank You
Hello District 66 Fall Conference Attending Toastmasters, What an amazing conference. Thank you for your service, education and entertainment. Below is my personal thank you to all those I noticed. Please forgive me if your name is not there since I know it takes a small army to put on a conference. I hope our chairs will reach out to you and thank you personally for your dedicated service. Thank you all for Turning on Your Talents this past weekend. I hope you all take back your cool buttons to encourage your clubs to Turn on their Talents and achieve Distinguished status this year. I encourage achieving Distinguished not for the District and not for the status but for what it will make of your club.
Here is some of our Turn on Your Talent Super Heroes:
- Andre Morgan - What a wonderful, dedicated hard working Lt. Governor of Education. There is no better. My most emotional moment of the Conference was seeing you receive Division Governor of the Year award for 2011/2012 from IPDG, Al Tuten. Way to go!
- Michael Johnson - I saw something amazing in you and made the decision for you to lead us in one of the best conferences. Job well done and by the way you are fantastic as an Emcee.
- Mary White - We are counting on you with all your ideas to grow our District. I doní»t think we have ever had as many people engaged in our extension and retention efforts as this year. Many thanks for all you do behind the scenes.
- Regie Ford - Congratulations on Area Governor of the Year award for 2011/2012. Many thanks for your help in co-chairing our first ever District 66 5k Run/Walk. Great way to start the conference on Saturday. Great job helping out many of the conference events and please thank all those on your team.
- Charles Gates - Many thanks for your help at the conference and co-chairing the first ever District 66 5k Run/Walk.
- Jennifer Asante - What a wonderful Registration Chair. Everyone was greeted with a great big smile. You and your team had everything well organized and ready to go well in advance.
- Josh Mitchell - Thank you so much for running our bookstore at the conference. Great job!
- Craig Stevens - Wow you are our audio master extraordinaire. Great sound and music throughout the conference.
- Madeline Frank - Thank you for bringing your talents and adding to the District 66 musical entertainment on Friday night. We have fabulous talent in our District.
- Colleen Wood - Great job as Contest Master for the Evaluation Speech Contest.
- Phil Harvatine - Superb Chief Judge for the Evaluation Speech Contest. You have been doing a great job as Area Governor.
- Joe Scott - You have another career as Ring Master. Great job Joe as Contest Master for the Tall Tales Speech Contest. I still believe you have Warren Miller's voice.☺
- Wade Randolph - Wonderful job as Chief Judge for the Tall Tales Contest. Train the trainer on Sunday I heard was energized and educational.
- Dexter Godfrey - I received amazing feedback about your training with Wade for our Trainers on Sunday morning. Great job!
- Kim Powell - Thank you for organizing the Friday luncheon with Lance Miller. Every time I turned around I saw your smiling face helping somebody at the conference. I am sure I cannot remember all the things you did at the conference but they were many. Thank you!
- Joyce Puller - Thank you for setting up the Channel 8 News interview with Amie McLain. Here it is.
- Lance Miller - It was my pleasure to have you at our conference. I heard so many compliments of your sessions and I appreciate all the programs you did for us. It was great to spend time with you and hope you had a safe trip back home.
- J. Andree Brooks - You are my favorite Parliamentarian. Thank you for your wisdom, friendship and assistance at the conference.
- Lisa Corbett - Many thanks for your help and assistance throughout the conference and especially during the council meeting. You were there early with a helping hand at registration - many thanks!
- Rhiannon Liker - Wonderful job helping the registration folks and dealing with the hotel. You were so helpful during the conference. Many thanks! By the way, I am so glad you are our Treasurer this year.
- Lana Jones-Murphy - Great job at getting our audit done and making your report at the council meeting. I hope you are feeling better.
- Pat Gorski - Very nice reception for the DTMs. Well run and engaging. Great social event to get the DTMs to network with each other. This is the start of a great new event at our conferences - Superb job!
- Malcolm Miles - You have that voice that people listen too. We could not have a better Public Relations Officer. Keep up the good work.
- Vincent Lieu - I know you were taking video and pictures for the web site. You are the best web master in Toastmasters. Thank you for all you do with your tech team. Also appreciate your help with the new Speakers Bureau and D66 YouTube Channel.
- Linda Kennedy - Great speech as our target speaker for the Evaluation Speech Contest. Also keep up the great work as our District 66 Newsletter Editor.
- Al Tuten - Thank you for being such a good sport with the Pie in the Sky themed Roast. You are the best!
- Lisa Eget - Youentertained us with you smile and interviewing skills and also with your voice singing after the Roast on Friday night. Thanks for being involved.
- Bank of America, Kantar Media, Altria and Mega Vision Video - Thank you for being our corporate sponsors for the Fall Conference. Your support is sincerely appreciated. Thanks to Linda Charlton with Bank of America who was there early to help us with registration. Thanks to the Media Voices with Kantar Media - many thanks for the entertainment at our first ever cast party. Thanks to Angela Thompson and Warren Hall with Altria and finally Rita Moore with Mega Vision Video.
- Claud Flythe - Congratulations to our Communication and Leadership award. He is President of and CEO of St. Paul's College in Lawrenceville, VA. He had a fill in for his award that was very humorous. I never knew you lost 35 calories every time you laughed.
- Yvonne Fink - Stellar job as our awards chair. Great job reaching out to all our educational award winners this year.
- Michelle Lewis - Our Educational Session Chair and District Moments of Truth Chair. We appreciate your fantastic lineup of speakers for our conference. Michelle your team was great with Jim Blowers, Lori Davis, Vincent Lieu and of course my friend Harry Harman.
- Jim Blowers - Michelle's right hand man keeping all the educational sessions in order - many thanks! Jim I believe you and Ralph Compton have never missed a conference. ☺
- Trish Locke - Our SAA throughout the Conference and always willing to assist we thank you! It is great to see our First Timers getting involved.
- Sal Asad - It is always great to have a successful Past District Governor and Past International Director give us an Educational Session. Thanks Sal.
- Tiffany Green, PHD - Come on three baskets! Seriously! Yes she won three baskets during our raffle Saturday night. Many Toastmasters after the conference told me your educational session on evaluations was incredible. Most said they did not want the session to end. Great job! We will definitely ask you back to do more.
- Al Tuten - Thanks for filling in for Vincent Lieu since he was a contestant. This was a great session on navigating the Toastmaster website.
- David Myer - Past District oh thatí»s right Division Governor leading us to understand that Toastmasters is a leadership organization too. I would vote for you sometime in the future. ☺?
- Warren Hall - Great session on how to judge effectively and properly. I hope you are feeling better my friend!
- John Harman and Nelson Ayala - Thanks John for being our Credentials Chair and Nelson Ayala (Nominations Chair) for assisting.
- Maxie Lee - Great job stepping in as our SAA for the council meeting. Maxie is our new Speaking Bureau Chair. Check out district66.org for more information.
- Jennifer Stewart and John Steinbach - I saw both of you with helping hands throughout the conference. Great job for stepping in where needed!
- Get Well Soon - Sandi Simmons and Stacy Wilson.
- Frank and Grace Brown - We miss you and our Sympathies go out to your family for your loss of Grace's father.
- Chris Al-Amin - Congratulations on being Toastmaster of the Year. I hope your visit with your son was grand. We missed you!
Thanks to all for helping with the Roast of IPDG, Al Tuten:
- Camellia Wroniesicz - Coordinating Chair and responsible for all the great ideas. Many thanks since I will never forget this Roast.
- Sal Asad
- Chie Tamaki
- David Myers
- Marlon Haskel
- J. Andree Brooks leading the ghosts of Past District Governors to swoop Al away.
Congratulations to our new Distinguished Toastmasters:
- Teressa Gordan, DTM
- John Moody, DTM
- Patricia Nesbitt, DTM
- Camellia Wroniesicz, DTM
- Karen Zayas, DTM
- David Bass, DTM
- Ian Henry, DTM
- Judges, Timers and Ballot Counters - You are champions and we salute you for your service.
- Everyone - I want to thank you all for attending, participating and having fun at our 2012 Fall District 66 Toastmasters Conference.
- First Timers - Thank you all for attending your first District 66 Toastmasters Conference. I hope you will keep coming back.
Congratulations Speech Evaluation Contest Winners:
- First Place - Sonji Stewart
- Second Place - Darci Hendrickson
- Third Place - Marlon Haskel
Congratulations Tall Tales Speech Contest Winners:
- First Place - David Bass
- Second Place - Garima Sharma
- Third Place - David Edmondson Jr.
Please pass on to your clubs the stories, the education and the great people you met at the conference. Don't forget to wear your badge.
Many thanks to you all!