District 66 Meet the Candidates
The District Council will elect the 2018-2019 District Leadership Team during the 2:00 p.m. Annual Business Meeting on Saturday, May 12, 2018 at the Spring Conference. The District Council is comprised of the Club Presidents and Club Vice Presidents Education or Club Proxy Holder along with the District Executive Committee.
The following District Officers will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Finance Manager
- Division Directors (one per division)
There are many more district leadership opportunities to explore. Applications for the following appointed positions are being accepted: Area Director (24 positions available), District Administration Manager, and Finance Manager. To learn more about these positions visit District Leader Nominations and Applications page. All interested candidates are invited submit their application. To apply, complete and submit the District Leader Nominating Form, Officer Agreement and Release Form, and Candidate Application to email@example.com.
District 66 Spring 2018 Conference
Mark Your Calendar and Join Us for the District 66 Spring 2018 Conference.
When: May 11-13, 2018
Where: Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, 555 East Canal Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Toastmasters International Director Visit
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Regie Ford, DTM to our District 66 Spring Conference on May 11-13, 2017. He is the International Director for Region 7 and a member of the Toastmasters International Board of Directors. In this capacity, Regie serves as a "working ambassador" for the organization. He works with the Board to develop, support and modify the policies and procedures that guide Toastmasters International in fulfilling its mission: To empower individuals to become effective communicators and leaders.
Call for Nominations
The District Leadership Committee (DLC) is accepting nominations for 2018-2019 appointed district officers positions for the July 1, 2018 - June 20, 2019 term.
District Executive Committee Positions
The DLC is accepting nominations for the following appointed positions:
- Division A: 6 Area Directors
- Division B: 5 Area Directors
- Division C: 4 Area Directors
- Division D: 4 Area Directors
- Division E: 5 Area Directors
- Administration Manager
- Public Relations Manager
Appointments will be confirmed by the 2018-2019 District Director following the elections at the District Council Meeting at the Spring Conference. Applications for appointed positions will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Note: Nominations for elected district officer positions are closed.
The process is as follows:
- Call for nominations is announced.
- District Leadership Committee receives nominations.
- The DLC interviews all known candidates for each elected position.
- All candidates must sign and submit to the committee their Officer Agreement and Release Form.
- The DLC completes the Candidate Checklist and Evaluation Form for each candidate.
- The DLC committee votes and submits report to District Director.
Who can Nominate
Any Member in Good Standing of a Club in Good Standing can Nominate them self or a member in good standing (with their consent) for any Position in which they are eligible to stand for.
How do you Nominate yourself?
- Read the Call for Nominations and have a thorough understanding of the role and verify that you are eligible
- Send your Nomination email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments: District Leader Nominating Form, Candidate Application, Officer Agreement & Release Form.
How do you Nominate Someone else?
- Read the Call for Nominations and have a thorough understanding of the role and verify the member you wish to Nominate is eligible
- Fill out the District Leader Nominating Form (with the candidate's consent)
- Send your Nomination email to email@example.com with the following attachments: District Leader Nominating Form.
Ask your candidate to send a separate email with the following:
- Fill out the Candidate Application (to be filled only by the Candidate)
- Fill Out the Officer Agreement & Release Form (to be filled only by the Candidate) Candidate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments: Candidate Application and Officer Agreement & Release Form
All District 66 Toastmasters who are interested and committed to serve as district officers are invited to submit their nomination to email@example.com. Third party nominations are also accepted as well as self-nominations.
December 1, 2017
Call for nominations opens.
January 15, 2018
Deadline for candidates to declare intent to run elected positions.
January 15, 2018 – March 15, 2018
Candidates are interviewed by the DLC and the slate of candidates is released.
March 15, 2018 –June 1, 2018
District council annual meetings occur (actual dates set by each district). Six weeks prior to election date, DLC notifies District Director of nominated candidates. Four weeks prior to election date, DLC publishes nominations on District website. Floor candidates may declare their intent to run after the DLC results have been announced.
July 15, 2018
Deadline to submit Officer Agreement and Release Statements and District Leader rosters to World Headquarters.
Questions and clarifications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to receiving your nominations.
Best Regards, Charles Gates, IPDD, DTM District Leadership Committee Chair 2017-2018
Pathways has arrived in District 66!
It's official – now you can get started in Pathways! Log in and take the Pathways Assessment, choose your path and begin working on exciting new projects. Learn and be inspired by interactive content featuring engaging videos, skill‑building activities and powerful tools to track your progress and growth. Reach your potential with Pathways today.
Your Pathways Learning Experience is just a click away!
District Director Challenge
This year, I challenge every member to step up to the District Director Challenge – The Power of One. The Power of One fosters individual achievement and membership growth. Earn one educational award and sponsor one member.
Educational Achievement – Every member in the District is encouraged to earn at least one educational award in Pathways or the Traditional Educational Program.
Membership Building – Every member in the District is encouraged to introduce at least one person to the benefits of Toastmasters and invite them to a club meeting. To sponsor the person that you have encouraged to visit and join a club, simply make sure your name and member number appear on the back of the application as the sponsor.
When you achieve the District Director Challenge, you will receive The Power of One pin.
Message from the 2017-2018 District 66 Director
Smedley Award Membership Campaign Results
The results are in for the Smedley Award Membership Campaign. Congratulations to all of the clubs who achieved this prestigious award. [Read More]
How Can We Help You?
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development.
Toastmasters International Mission
We empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders.