Winter Leadership and Club Officer Training
Due to inclement weather, the December 9th Winter Leadership Institute is cancelled. Please check back for January and February dates for Division Club Officer Training.
Call for Nominations
Nominations for 2018-2019 District Officers are now open for both elected and appointed positions. The District 66 District Leadership Committee (DLC) is accepting nominations for District Officers for the July 1, 2018 - June 20, 2019 term.
District Executive Committee Positions
The DLC is accpeting nominations for elected and nominated positions.
The DLC is accepting nominations for the following elected positions:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division Director for Divisions A, B, C, D, E
- Finance Manager
Elections will be held during the District Council Meeting at the Spring Conference.
The DLC is accepting nominations for the following appointed positions:
- Division A: 6 Area Directors
- Division B: 5 Area Directors
- Division C: 4 Area Directors
- Division D: 4 Area Directors
- Division E: 5 Area Directors
- Administration Manager
The process is as follows:
- Call for nominations is announced.
- District Leadership Committee receives nominations.
- The DLC interviews all known candidates for each elected position.
- All candidates must sign and submit to the committee their Officer Agreement and Release Form.
- The DLC completes the Candidate Checklist and Evaluation Form for each candidate.
- The DLC committee votes and submits report to District Director.
Who can Nominate
Any Member in Good Standing of a Club in Good Standing can Nominate them self or a member in good standing (with their consent) for any Position in which they are eligible to stand for.
How do you Nominate yourself?
- Read the Call for Nominations and have a thorough understanding of the role and verify that you are eligible
- Send your Nomination email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments: District Leader Nominating Form, Candidate Application, Officer Agreement & Release Form.
How do you Nominate Someone else?
- Read the Call for Nominations and have a thorough understanding of the role and verify the member you wish to Nominate is eligible
- Fill out the District Leader Nominating Form (with the candidate's consent)
- Send your Nomination email to email@example.com with the following attachments: District Leader Nominating Form.
Ask your candidate to send a separate email with the following:
- Fill out the Candidate Application (to be filled only by the Candidate)
- Fill Out the Officer Agreement & Release Form (to be filled only by the Candidate) Candidate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments: Candidate Application and Officer Agreement & Release Form
All District 66 Toastmasters who are interested and committed to serve as district officers are invited to submit their nomination to email@example.com. Third party nominations are also accepted as well as self-nominations.
December 1, 2017
Call for nominations opens.
January 15, 2018
Deadline for candidates to declare intent to run elected positions.
January 15, 2018 – March 15, 2018
Candidates are interviewed by the DLC and the slate of candidates is released.
March 15, 2018 –June 1, 2018
District council annual meetings occur (actual dates set by each district). Six weeks prior to election date, DLC notifies District Director of nominated candidates. Four weeks prior to election date, DLC publishes nominations on District website. Floor candidates may declare their intent to run after the DLC results have been announced.
July 15, 2018
Deadline to submit Officer Agreement and Release Statements and District Leader rosters to World Headquarters.
Questions and clarifications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to receiving your nominations.
Best Regards, Charles Gates, IPDD, DTM District Leadership Committee Chair 2017-2018
Pathways has arrived in District 66!
It's official – now you can get started in Pathways! Log in and take the Pathways Assessment, choose your path and begin working on exciting new projects. Learn and be inspired by interactive content featuring engaging videos, skill‑building activities and powerful tools to track your progress and growth. Reach your potential with Pathways today.
Your Pathways Learning Experience is just a click away!
District Director Challenge
This year, I challenge every member to step up to the District Director Challenge – The Power of One. The Power of One fosters individual achievement and membership growth. Earn one educational award and sponsor one member.
Educational Achievement – Every member in the District is encouraged to earn at least one educational award in Pathways or the Traditional Educational Program.
Membership Building – Every member in the District is encouraged to introduce at least one person to the benefits of Toastmasters and invite them to a club meeting. To sponsor the person that you have encouraged to visit and join a club, simply make sure your name and member number appear on the back of the application as the sponsor.
When you achieve the District Director Challenge, you will receive The Power of One pin.
Message from the 2017-2018 District 66 Director
Smedley Award Membership Campaign Results
The results are in for the Smedley Award Membership Campaign. Congratulations to all of the clubs who achieved this prestigious award. [Read More]
How Can We Help You?
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development.
Toastmasters International Mission
We empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders.